Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012

adventure weekend near Truro :)

I love Canada :)

Hey folks :) How are you doing ? Hopefully good :) Even if it's late I'm gonna tell you about my great weekend :) Friday morning around 9 : 30 I left with a bus to Halifax . This took me a while and I arrived around 12: 30 because the bus was doing a lot of stops in between to pick up other people. I had to transfer at Halifax in another bus to Truro where I arrived at 14 : 15. It was a lot traveling for a weekend but definitely worth it. Our group was very small because we were just 3 students. An australian girl, an australian boy and myself. You might think why Australians because their first language is english. Some students just come to see how it works in a host family and to go to another school , meet other people and cultures. The program was set up for 12 students but some of them got sick or had no time to come. But it was absolutely alright with this small group and 2 cooridnators :-) We could decide more what we would like to do and got to know each other closer :) Friday night we went outside for a good walk in the woods and arrived at our place :) We lived in a great house just make out of wood :) It was so great because it was one of my thoughts about an adventure camp in winter :) Let's come to the more or less funny part . The HEAT ! We had a bit of electrical heat but it wasn't enough so that we got some heaters to plug in a socket. But we had no more than 12 degrees and this was pretty cold. So we decided to heat with a toaster and the oven . Unfortunately our water pipe froze so that we had just a little bit water but we fixed the problem . Friday night we make our own pizza and enjoyed the time with talking about canada, germany and australia which was pretty interesting :) Saturday morning we slept in which was a good thing because last week was exhausting. After a good and healthy breakfast we drove to Wentworth for skiing :) It's a bigger ski resort and I like it better than Martock :) It was a great time there and the weather was with -9 degrees and sun just perfect. Saturday evening we made pasta and a salad for supper and had plenty of fun in the kitchen :) After that we decided to do cross- country skiing. I never did this before and to be honest I don't really need to got for a second time. It's so different than down- hill skiing. We were just outside for 20 minutes because we already had 22 Uhr . I felt down twice and my ankle felt twisted. The rest of the evening was great because we talked again about all kind of stuff, had a hot chocolate and went to bed at 1: 30 in the morning. On sunday morning we had to pack our stuff and than we left our nice wood lodge. We went to see a sugar moon farm :) First we did an awesome walk in the woods with snowshoes and it is so much fun :) We actually had great snow conditions so we all enjoyed it a lot . After we went to the sugar moon farm and had a pancake meal. I took 4 pancakes with blueberries inside and maple butter and maple sugar on top :) Delicious :) After a lot of pancakes and an great sugar moon coffee with maple sirup and maple whipped cream we saw the production which was very small but nice to see :) My bus left at 5 in the afternoon so that I arrived at 21: 30 at the bus stop :) I had such a great weekend with them and I'm looking forward to April for the next :) As I arrived home my mum was really happy to see me and I got a hug :) She said that you can tell if I'm not home because someone is missing.

I have a lot of  pictures for you :) The rest is coming soon because we are doing a picture exchange :)

best regards :)

Leo

It was a dog but looking like a wolf :)

:)


it was so great with the snow :-)




good morning picture :)

who belongs to this lovely mess ? ;) The bed was very comfortable :)

supper , saturday night :)


getting ready for cross- country skiing :)

isn't it beautiful ? :)

our lodge :)

Such a nice Australian :)


old snow shoes :)

new snow shoes :)

group picture :)

home in Canada :) :) :)

I really like snow shoeing :)


sugar moon coffee :)

what an delicious meal :)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen